|Material & Analyst Engineer / Specialist||Notodden, Norway||14.8.2020|
|Job type||Working hours||Contact|
|Permanent||Full-time||Bente Dysthe + 47 970 20 254|
Optime Subsea AS is a global industry expert on subsea well access and subsea control systems. We focus on standardized as well as innovative products and systems developments, creating long term relations with our customers. We maintain a vertically integrated portfolio with expertise offering subsea development, design, engineering and analysis, a wide range of subsea products / systems and modular hyperbaric testing vessels, as well as unlimited workshop testing and maintenance services.
As we continue to grow and expand, we are searching for several qualified candidates to further strengthen and develop our global team. Come join our team of extra-ordinary professionals who are committed to provide work excellence. We can offer an exciting career in an international and creative environment.
Optime is seeking a resource that has experience within the subsea oil and gas industry, working in projects, with one or more specific engineering expertise, but willing to develop this expertise through on the job training and interaction, while maintaining a high level of energy and taking pride in delivering high quality results with a desire to grow its technical expertise further.
- Use FEA simulations to decide and drive design solutions
- Select appropriate materials for the relevant application
- Interpreting customer specifications, industry/customer/government standards, extracting and understanding these requirements into internal and external documents and procedures
- Create and review specifications, drawings, procedures etc for production
- The role will include workshop onsite support, as well as supporting third parties
- Higher education like master or bachelor in Material Engineering-Mechanics
- Strong knowledge in metallic materials and their mechanical and chemical properties
- High knowledge in non-metallic materials, such as rubber and polymers used in e.g. seals
- Good knowledge in international material standards and system requirements within subsea O&G e.g. ASME section VIII for pressurized equipment
- Use simulation tools such as Abaqus, Flexcom, SimulationX
- Understand product and system failure modes
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English, both orally and in writing
Key Personal Qualities
- You must be able to work independently, be flexible and solution oriented
- You deliver on-time and are result oriented
- You work structured and maintain good overview
- You must be flexible to both work with different customers and different work tasks
- You should have in depth theoretical material knowledge, while also use this as a tool for applied practical work
If you want to work with an extraordinary team challenged to simplify subsea – we want to hear from you!
Optime Subsea emphasis on ensuring diversity in the company by considering gender, age and cultural background under recruitment.